How do I change the Avaya IP Office mailbox access code?
You can set an access code for your mailbox which will be requested whenever you access the mailbox to collect messages. It must be between 4 and 15 digits long.
Setting and changing a mailbox access code can be done by your system administrator or by yourself, through the mailbox as follows:
- Access your mailbox by dialling *17.
- If your mailbox already has an access code set, you will be prompted to enter it. Enter your access code.
- Dial *04 to change your access code.
- Enter your current access code and press #. If you have no current access code just press the # key.
- Enter your new access code.
- Re-enter your new access code followed by #. The access code will now be changed.
- The system will prompt you if the codes do not match or if they are not acceptable. It will also confirm the change of access code if successful.