How do I set up my phone and PC to connect to my MN3300 system?
Enabling PC connectivity on a Mitel 5320, 5330, 5340, 5360 phone:
- Press the blue Superkey button on the phone.
- Select Settings.
- Using the left & right arrow keys, press the right arrow key so you move to page 2/2.
- Select PC Connectivity.
- Press the button next to enable: you should see a tick in the box to confirm it's selected.
- Press the Save button.
- To exit press Close until your back to the home screen.
For the 5312 & 5324 phone the PC port should be enabled but if it isn't, try this:-
- Press and hold the Up and Down scroll arrows together.
- Release the Down arrow and while still holding the Up arrow, press 2, 3, 4.
- On the menu that appears select Yes for Network Parameters.
- Select Yes for View Current Values.
- Scroll to Phone IP Address: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
- Scroll to the Exit Menu and select Yes.
- Answer No to each entry until you get to Tools and Features, then select Yes.
- Scroll to Task Bar Setup and select Yes.
- Select Change to enable, then 0 to confirm and # to accept.
- Set the password.
- Save changes and reboot.
Once PC connectivity has been enabled you can now attach an Ethernet cable from the PC's Ethernet port and the PC labelled port on the back of your Mitel IP Phone.
To confirm you have an IP address:
- On Vista & Windows 7 go to Start and in the Search box type CMD and press enter.
- On Windows XP, go to Start > Run and type CMD and press enter.
- When the command window opens type IPCONFIG, press enter.
- You should now see an IP Address that is similar to your phones IP Address.
- You can now connect to the system and do your housekeeping. If you don't know how to do this please see How do I connect to my MN3300 system?
Microsoft ends its support for Windows XP