I'm unable to perform a backup or restore after a Microsoft Windows Update in MCD
After the latest Microsoft Windows update on September 24, 2012, the System Administration Tool (or ESM) doesn't provide the option to backup, and improperly reports that the ESM Backup/Restore page requires JAVA.
PC Platforms affected:
We are currently only aware of the problem on PCs running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9.
MCD Software affected:
All MCD software versions from MCD 4.0 to the latest MCD 5.0 SP2 are potentially affected.
- The short term workaround is to use the Software Installer to perform backup or restore (via the Full Installation menu options).
- A long term solution will be made officially available in MCD 5.0 SP2 PR2 and MCD 6.0 or higher. These versions are scheduled for release in October and December 2012, respectively.
Important Note: Before you perform the following workaround, ensure that you have the correct Java runtime environment installed by following the instructions below.
You can use your preferred FTP client, or if you are not familiar with FTP, you can use the instructions below to use the FTP client supplied in the Windows operating system.
- Download the attached uwi_jretest.htm file and store it on your Windows PC (for example, in c:/patch).
- To open the Windows command line, click Start > Run…
- In the Run dialog, type cmd and then click OK. A new DOS window opens, displaying the current path of C:/ < >
- Use the CD command to move to the folder/directory where you stored the uwi_jretest.htm file. For example, if you stored the file in C:/patch, type cd /patch.
- Start the FTP session by typing the FTP <IP address of the MCD>. Enter the user name and password when prompted.
- Type cd /sysro/webs/web/uwi/backup_restore and press Enter.
- Type bin and press Enter.
- Type put uwi_jretest.htm and press Enter.
- Type bye to exit the FTP session.
- Close the DOS window.
You will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your equipment and software are protected against damage from downloading and using this Software. Your use of the Software is at your own risk.
QueryTel excludes all liability of any kind, whether due to negligence or otherwise, in respect of the Software. QueryTel does not exclude liability for personal injury or death caused as a result of its own negligence.
Determining Java Version
Since this error may also indicate that Java is not running properly, we suggest that you verify your Windows PC has the correct Java runtime environment.
- In a web browser, navigate to www.java.com and click Free Java Download.
- Click See all Java downloads.
- Click Verify Java has been installed correctly.
- Click Verify Java version.
The correct Java Version 6 for ESM is shown here: