How do I reset a BCM Mailbox Password via Telephony programming?
The passwords can be reset from a 2 line display system phone such as a T7316, M7310 orM7324 and you will need your programming overlay.
To reset a Mailbox password via Telephony programming:
- Locate a programming telephone. A programming telephone has 3-4 soft keys underneath the LCD screen
- Press the FEATURE key followed by 9 8 3. The screen will display LOG
- Enter 7 3 8 6 6 2 and press the OK key located under the LCD screen. The screen will then display PASSWORD
- Enter 2 6 6 3 4 4 and press the OK key located under the LCD screen. The screen will now show ADMIN
- Press the soft key for MBOX
- Press the soft key for CHANGE
- Type the mailbox number in and press the soft key for RESET. This will reset the mailbox password back to the default 0 0 0 0
- Access the mailbox by pressing the FEATURE key followed by 9 8 1
- Enter the default password 0 0 0 0. The mailbox will then ask for a new password
- Enter a new password. You will be prompted to enter your new password again