How do I set up a Conference call on Nortel Norstar?
To hold a conference call, one call must be an incoming call to a Norstar Compact or Modular plus, with software version 4 and below.
To set up a conference call between yourself and two other parties:
- Make or answer the first call.
- Put the first call on hold.
- Make or answer the second call.
- After the second call is connected, press Feature 3.
- Press the line or intercom key of the first held call (not required on the M7100N telephone).
- Press Release to end the conference call.
To put a conference call on hold:
- Press Hold. The other two callers can still speak to each other.
To split a conference:
- Press the Line or Intercom key of one caller, to consult privately while the other caller is on hold.
- To re-establish the conference, press Feature 3.
To disconnect one party:
- Press the Line or Intercom key of the caller you want to disconnect, then pressRelease.
- Press the Line or Intercom key of the remaining caller to resume your conversation.
Normally, when one person drops out of a conference, the other two remain connected. However, if the other two people are on exchange lines, they may be disconnected.
To independently hold two calls:
- Press the Line or Intercom key of the first caller, then press Hold. The second caller is automatically put on hold.