How do I configure Outlook 2007/2010 for use with Office 365 Small Business?
To use the advanced features of Office 365 using Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010, simply follow these steps:
- You will need to download the Microsoft Desktop Setup application. To avoid problems before running Office 365 desktop setup, we recommend that you check the readiness of your PC by using the Office 365 Best Practices Analyzer for your PC.
- The application will launch and a security warning will display.
- Select Run and the application will download
- Once the application has downloaded a Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup box will be displayed.
- Log in using your username and password.
- A Configure desktop applications and install updates box will appear
- Select Microsoft Outlook and click continue.
- Accept the new terms and conditions.
- The Microsoft desktop application will install, once installed a confirmation box will appear.
- Click on Finish.
To send and receive email using Outlook 2007 you must access Mail Setup and create the mailbox.
Mail Setup using Windows 7 & XP
Microsoft ends its support for Windows XP.
- Windows XP, Vista & 7 users click on the Start menu.
Windows 8 users drag your cursor to the bottom left hand corner of the screen andright click to see the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- XP users select Mail Setup.
Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users select User Account and family Safety and then clickMail.
- Click on E-mail Accounts .
- Select Add to create a new profile.
- Enter a profile name (you may want to call this "Office 365) and click OK.
- Enter your username (e.g. email@example.com) and password and click Next.
Outlook 2007 will configure automatically, once completed, you can access your Office 365 account using Outlook 2007.