How do I set up POP email on my Windows Phone?
Although the steps shown here are correct in principle, some of the detail may differ on your device. You may see slightly different text on your screen or a button may have a slightly different name, and so on. This is because there are so many devices and software versions around that we cannot cover all of the variations.
But just follow the principle below - and use the server settings - and you should be OK (the user guide for your mobile should give you more detail, too).
Setting up POP email on your Windows Phone is simple:
- Turn on your mobile so it shows the home screen.
- Swipe left from the home screen.
- Tap Settings and then Email + accounts.
- Tap Add an Account and select Other Account.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and select Sign In. Your Windows Phone will try to configure your e-mail account automatically. If configuration completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If your e-mail account can't be configured automatically, tap Advanced and selectInternet email. You'll need to enter the following information:
Account name - This is a descriptive name for your account
Your name - Type your name as you want it to appear when you send e-mail messages from your phone
Incoming e-mail server - outlook.office365.com
Account type - This will be POP3
User name - This is your full e-mail address, for example, email@example.com
Password - This is the password for your e-mail account
Outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server - smtp.office365.com
- Tap Advanced settings and tap to select the boxes, Require SSL for incoming mailand Require SSL for outgoing mail.
- Select Sign In.
For more details click here