Setting up an Office 365 POP email account in Outlook 2007
To set up a POP3 account in Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista or XP, follow the instructions below:
Microsoft ends its support for Windows XP.
Open Outlook 2007, from the Tools menu select Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab select New to display Add New E-mail Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
- Enter Your Name. This is your name or your company name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing email.
- Enter your email address.
For example, email@example.com.
- Enter your email password in the Password and Retype Password fields.
- Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box. The fields that you have just completed are greyed out:
- Click Next and select Internet E-mail.
- Click Next to display Internet E-mail Settings.
- If needed, re-enter Your Name and E-mail Address.
- Ensure that the Account Type is POP3.
- In the Incoming mail server field, enter outlook. office365. com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter smtp. office365.com
- In the User Name field, enter your email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your email password.
- Click on More Settings to display Internet E-mail Settings, select Outgoing Server.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Change the Incoming server (POP3): to 995
- Tick This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP): to 587
- Select TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection: dropdown.
- Click OK.
- You can now test your account by selecting Test Account Settings, or click Next to display Congratulations.
- Click Finish. You've now successfully set up Outlook 2007 to send and receive email.