1408 Digital; 1608/1608-I IP Hardphone
This telephone is best suited for the Everyday user.
The 1408 DS; 1608/1608-I supports the following features:
• Display/Housing: Backlit display – 3.5” diagonal, 3 rows by 24 characters. Green backlight for 1608, white backlight for 1608-I and 1408. Dual position flip stand.
• Fixed Feature Buttons: 15 plus Four-way navigation cluster button.- Volume up/down (separate volume levels for the handset, speaker, and ringer), Mute button, Speakerbutton, Headset button.- Avaya Menu button (options and settings access), Telephony application button – to return to maintelephone screen.- Hold button, Conference button, Transfer button, Drop button.- Contacts button, Call log button, Redial button, Quick-access voicemail Message button.
• Programmable/Contextual buttons: 11. - 8 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LEDs (red, green) and paper labels (Printing tool available). Note: For typical installs, the first 3 buttons are reserved for standard call appearances; a minimum of 2 call appearance buttons is needed for standard operation. - Three contextual softkey buttons.
• Key Labels: Icons used on fixed feature keys. None on programmable feature keys.
• Features Menu: Mobile-Phone style menu with access to most often used features like call forwarding,Park, Settings etc. On screen status indication for activated features like call forwarding
• Speakerphone: High quality two-way hands-free speaker and microphone.
• Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes - ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset also supporting TTD acousticcoupler.
• Message Waiting Indicator: Yes - also used as ringing call alert indicator.
• Personalized Ring Patterns: Yes - 8.
• Headset Socket: Yes.
• Embedded Applications: Centralized call log and contact application, fully transparent between 1408/1608/1416/1616 phones, 9600 phones and one-X Portal for IP Office.o Contacts application (up to100) and Call Log (Missed, Incoming, Outgoing, up to 30 calls).o Access to company directory and Visual Voice applications on IP Office.
• Upgradeable Firmware: Yes.
• Expansion: None.
• Color: Black.
• Mounting: Desk or wall mountable with optional wall mount adapter.
Requirements for 1408:
• Connect to: Digital Station (DS) port.
• Power Supply: From phone system.
Requirements for IP interface (1608, 1608-I):
• Power Supply: IEEE 802.11af Power over Ethernet (PoE) class 2 or individual Avaya power supply unit (1151D).
• Connect to: LAN using H.323 VoIP.
• Codecs: G.711, G.729a/b, Dynamic Jitter buffer, Echo cancellation, Comfort Noise, Automatic Gaincontrol.
• QoS Options: UDP Port Selection, DiffServ and 802.1p/B (VLAN)
• SNMP Support: Yes.
• IP Address Assignment: Static or dynamic IP address assignment.
• Ethernet Ports: Ethernet (10/100) line interface with a secondary 10/100 port for collocated laptop or PC with VLAN separation.- Well suited for everyday use, where typically smaller sized data files transferred (web, email file attachments) or less demanding data-transfer application/usage ( thus less sensitive to data transfer completion times).- For highly demanding data traffic processing with large amounts of small packets we recommend the 1616 phone.- Support of optional 9600 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
• Language Supported: Supports the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian (English and 4 of the other languages at once in the phone).